Note: The equipment pictured is just an example. The steps listed should work correctly for all modem types.
- Shut Down/Turn Off your computer as well as all network devices (wireless access points, wireless routers, ethernet switches and hubs).
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem as well as the actual coaxial cable.
- Wait 35 seconds, then reconnect the coaxial cable + power to the modem.
- Wait two minutes to allow the modem to connect. The modem connection lights will be solid.
- Turn on every network device.
- Turn on your computer.
- Attempt to surf to two web pages to verify that you are connected to the internet.