do take advantage of this premium feature and sign up for Hotmail plus
you’ll also get an ad-free experience, more storage, larger attachment
support, and a non expiring account.
Our POP service requires that you use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with the POP and SMTP connection and use SMTP authentication. This is to ensure that your email address and password are not subject to tampering. The settings are the following:
- POP: pop3.live.com (port 995)
- SMTP: smtp.live.com (port 25)
- Note: make sure you check the box that indicates that your outgoing server requires authentication (in most mail clients this is not checked by default).
- Username: your full email address
- Password: your Windows Live ID password