On the DI-524 wireless router, I did the following:
1) The static IP of the wireless router is 192.168.5.1.
2) Set a static IP for the WAP54G access point.
3) I enabled mac filtering so I needed to make sure that my MAC address for my access point was allowed.
4) The wireless router is configured as a DHCP server.
5) Use channel 6.
On the WAP54G access point, I did the following:
1) The static IP of the access point is, as stated above, 192.168.5.2. Subnet – 255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway – 192.168.5.1.
2) Connect LAN port of access point to an ethernet switch that is connected to the wireless router.
3) Upgrade the firmware – the wireless repeater option didn’t work until I upgraded to the latest firmware.
4) On the Wireless Repeater screen, add the LAN MAC address of the DI-524 wireless router.
5) Change the SSID so that it is different from the wireless router.
6) Use a different channel – I used channel 11.
7) Make sure that your wireless security matches for both devices — I have mine turned off on both since I am using MAC address filtering.
Here is a helpful link — http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4200