In this guide, we will show you how to create and download a Backup of your home directory in cPanel. You can then restore your website files as needed. This is a partial backup that includes all of your website and email files but does include any of your MySQL Databases.
Here are links to our other Backup guides:
- Backup your database in cPanel
- How to Backup your Website with Softaculous
- How to Perform a Full Backup in cPanel
Downloading Home Directory Backup in cPanel
- Log into cPane.
- Click the Backup link in the Files section.
- Click the Home Directory button under the Download a Home Directory Backup section.You will then begin downloading a backup of your Home Directory. This can take several minutes to complete depending on the size of your site.You can then access the file in your browser’s download directory. In this example the home directory backup is named backup-example.com-10-4-2017.tar.gz.
Congratulations, now you know how to create and download a Backup of your home directory in cPanel.