- Tap and hold the home button. This is either a button or icon at the bottom-center part of the screen. This opens the Google Assistant.
- Tap the drawer icon. It’s the blue and white drawer with a handle at the top-right corner of the Assistant.
- Tap ⁝. It’s at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Phone. It’s toward the center of the menu under “Devices.”
- Slide the “Google Assistant” switch to . As long as this switch is off/gray, the Google Assistant will remain disabled on your Android.
- Question: How do I disable Google Assistant on Android if I have no app button or home drawer?
- Community Answer: Go to settings. There should a disable button for most apps, including Google Assistant.